Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Beautiful Fall Weekend!

It's was GORGEOUS here all weekend! I would say it was the first fall weekend where you could wear your hoodie and jeans and that was perfect. Fall is for sure my favorite.

On Saturday we were outside!! We did an experimental try with Lily in the Pack and Play with toys, while we worked on the yard. She liked it! She thought is was fun to stand up and watch what we were doing. I had a first this weekend...I mowed my first ever lawn. And I would say it looks pretty good. It wasn't as hard as I had expected, although, I'm a little sad that my shoes are green now.

Tyler left very early Sunday to help lead the Junior Boys Retreat at Chatard, so Lily and I got to hang out. My friend Steph came for a quick visit. Then I headed downtown to help out with the Pro Life Chain. I had done this in high school and it definitely wasn't as meaningful. Now that I'm older and I have a little one myself, it hit me a little harder. There were so many people silently lining the streets, prayerfully holding posters. People of all ages and from all sides of town and from all walks of life coming together for such a meaningful cause. I'm glad that I got to be a part of it.

Just hanging out with Dad. Lily seriously GLOWS every time she sees Tyler!
Lily loves the dishwasher!

Go White Sox!!

No comments: