Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hey from Chicago!

Lily and I are on yet another one of our adventures. This time we are visiting the Windy City. Grandma and Grandpa Mayer went out of town, so we came to hang out with Emily for the week. It's been like a mini-vacation for us...no work, no cleaning, no errands, none of the crazy day-to-day stuff. We've enjoyed just hanging out.

We did call Grandma Mayer yesterday to find the nearest park. It was absolutely gorgeous here and I've been dying to see if Lily will like the swings. So we get the directions I pack up the diaper bag making sure to include sunscreen and a hat for Lily. Yes, I am one of those crazy overprotective mothers. I change Lily's diaper and feed her. I get Lily strapped in the carseat and we're off. For those of you who have never had to get ready to leave the house with an infant, it is quite a process and can take quite a while, plus it leaves you rather tired. But we are finally out of the house and I'm following our directions to the park. It's only about a 5 minute car ride. We manage to get there quite easily and I pull into a parking spot, just in time to see Lily close her eyes. I pause for a couple of minutes, thinking she would wake up. But nope, she sure did not. So without even getting out of the car I pull out and head back home! Maybe we will try again today.

2 comments:

Catherine said...

SO fun to see you 2 tonight, catch up, play with lily, and watch her be hilarious. loved every second!

Fr. Steve said...

Dear Allison, Tyler, and all gentle readers:

Who's that big girl sitting next to Lily's Chicago Bear? Why, it's Lily herself! With all her travels to Florida and Chicago, and her music lessons from Uncle Andrew, Lily is growing up fast.

I spoke with Grandma and Grandpa Mark this morning after Mass--they are looking forward to Lily coming for a visit tonight.

I wait in joyful hope for coming of our next photographs!

God bless,

Fr. Steve