Thursday, March 05, 2009

Oh Boy!

I've had quite an absence from the blogging scene lately. With this pregnancy, has come much exhaustion and LOTS of sickness. Needless to say, most of my daily activities (errands, grocery shopping, cleaning) have all been pushed to the side. I'm 10 1/2 weeks, so most of this should be over soon. Or at least I'm hoping and praying that it will be!

I do have a story that I thought was a must share. Yesterday morning Lily and I were doing our normal thing. I stepped out into the garage around 7:45 a.m. to throw away some trash and grab a screwdriver. When I turned the door handle to come back in the house, it was LOCKED. Yes, our little princess has locked me out with my pajamas on and my nice black shoes I had slipped on real quick. Not to mention that I had just woken up and not even brushed my teeth. I didn't even know her fine motor skills were developed enough to turn that little lock.

I feel in my pockets are realize I had taken my phone out and put it on the counter just minutes before. I know all the doors are locked. I know my parents have a key, but they were already gone and would not be back for a while. I had to call Tyler and get a hold of him fast, because be begins to teach around 8:10 a.m. I scramble across the street to the first neighbors house and no one answers. I run back to our house is hopes that maybe Lily had unlocked the door. No luck! I run across the street to the next neighbors house and they answer! Thanks goodness! I'm sure they were quite confused, but they handed me their phone and I got a hold of Tyler. Amidst my moment of panic, when I tell Tyler, he immediately laughs. But said he would be on his way ASAP to help. I thank the neighbors and head back to our house.

I peer in the windows to see what our little "angel" might be doing and I don't see her. I knock on the window and she comes running. She has a huge smile on her face and is waving to me. Then she proceeds to show me some of her toys without a care in the world.

I begin to check the windows to see if I might be lucky enough to have one of them unlocked. All the windows in the family room were locked. I try the dining room and the smallest window is unlocked!!! I was able to shimmy it open, pull a dining room chair over to the window and hoist myself through. Tyler ended up not even having to come.

Thank goodness it all worked out and everyone was ok. Now I can breath a sigh of relief and laugh, too!


Jenny said...

Allison- that is hilarious! William has yet to pull this little trick on us but I feel like it's coming because I also am always running out to the garage to grab something or throw something away.

I hope you start feeling better soon. I was so much more sick with #2 but it did start to pass right around 11 or 12 weeks so I'm hoping the same for you.

You should thank your lucky stars you weren't more pregnant when this little locked-out ordeal happened. There's NO WAY I could fit through a window opening right now!

amy j. said...

Oh my gosh hahahahaha that is my favorite Lily story yet. What a sneaky little one. Hahaha.

Brandy P said...

WOW! That is too funny. I can only imagine how panic stricken you must have been. Addi has not done anything like that to us...YET. Glad everything worked out. PS. I am as big as a house now. What about you?

Uncle AJ said...

Great story, the only thing that could make it better would be pictures of Lily. It has been a while since there have been pictures of that booger on here.